The Calaveras County Democrats are modifying some of our activities but will continue to work toward improving our community. Like everyone else, we working our way through this.
Next Tuesday is the Calaveras County Democrat’s monthly meeting.
Right now, we’re particularly looking for people to help with Brynne Kennedy’s campaign. She’s the strong candidate running against Tom McClintock.
Here is the link for her events. Register for the rally and anything else you might like: https://www.mobilize.us/brynneforcongress/
Things you can do to help CCD within the County:
- Brynne Kennedy is campaigning against Tom McClintock. We could really use your help. You could host a virtual house party, place phone calls to support her, or ? https://www.mobilize.us/brynneforcongress/
- The Calaveras Democrats now has a virtual monthly meeting on the second Tuesday evening of each month. Please check our calendar to find out about our meetings.
- The Calaveras Democrats used to have in-person meetings where we got to socialize, get to know each other, and (ahem) donate to the CCD. If you’d like to donate, you can do so here.
Things you can do to help Democrats within the State and the Country
- The link for the California Democratic Party
- There’s a program where you can write postcards to voters in other states to encourage them to vote. Turns out that people like getting real mail and pay more attention to it than they do to the mass-produced political mailings. Information can be found here.
Things you can do to help your community
- So, Calaveras is kind of an odd county (& I say that with love). Many things that people are used to being handled by large government agencies are handled by volunteers with guidance from the County. There are a large number of Boards/ Committees/ Commissions that oversee almost anything you can think of. Some of positions are ones that go on the ballot — but there are many that are simply looking for volunteers. Please take a look at the list of Boards, and see where you can help. To make it easier, the County even keeps a list of Open Positions. Btw, I usually encourage people to sit in on a couple of a group’s meetings before you commit.
- The Resource Connection often has need for volunteers
- The Calaveras Volunteer Center
Things to help you cope with your own stress
- One of the best things you can do is to take a positive action to change things. I’d like to suggest that you take the time, go to the California SoS’s website and confirm that you’re registered to vote. Sounds easy enough. It’s startling the number of people I know who’ve discovered that they’re not registered. You can do that at the above link but now they have a new feature. Confirm your status and then they offer you the option to sign up to get text/email when your absentee ballot is received and then actually counted. Oh yea! As a reminder, if you’ve moved/ changed your status (ie married)/ perhaps want to change your Party (Democrats are very welcoming), you need to re-register. And finally, I’d like to encourage you to provide your email &/or phone number with your registration. Yes, it does mean that you get more politically-connected contacts but it also means that the local Registrar can more easily contact you if they have a question about your ballot (one of my friends with Parkinsons had to go in on the last election because his signature had changed so much).
If you know of items that might be a good addition to any of these lists, please send me (email@example.com) an email. If you’d rather describe it, then send me an email with your phone number, and we’ll chat.
If you’d like to help the Calaveras Democrats, you can also contribute to help our work.