Unfortunately the video for this meeting had a lot of issues with the sound (or lack thereof). Please read through Janet’s notes.bos-meeting-notes-4-22-2022
If you’ve ever wondered why the Agenda items sometimes start down the list, it’s because we only list the public agenda items. If you go back to the County’s links for the meetings, you can see any items discussed in the private session (things that legally can’t be discussed in a public meeting). There are also links for the background materials that were made available to the Supervisors to study before the meeting. We also include a link to the video so that you can watch the full meeting.
Lisa Medina – Environmental Management Agency Director – free microchip and rabbis clinic on May 14 from 9 a.m. to noon in San Andreas.
6. Minutes of Board of Supervisors – Regular Meeting – Mar 22, 2022 8:00 AM
7. Agreement – Public Works (ID # 6652) 1) Award Invitation to Bid 21-1020-10-913 for the 2022 Striping Program; and 2) Authorize the Board Chair to execute a contract for construction of the 2022 Striping Program with Sierra Traffic Markings, Inc. in the amount of $163,000 for the period of April 26, 2022 through April 25, 2023.
8. Resolution – Health and Human Services Agency (ID # 6657) Adopt a Resolution authorizing the Board Chair to execute Grant Agreement Number 21-10548 with the California Department of Public Health-Sexually Transmitted Disease Control Branch for Strengthening STD Prevention and Control for Health Departments resulting in revenue of $531,390 for the period of July 1, 2021 to December 31, 2025.
9. Agreement – Health and Human Services Agency (ID # 6658) 1) Authorize the Board Chair to execute an Agreement with The Resource Connection for the Raising A Reader Home Visiting Program for the period of July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2024 in an amount not to exceed $84,200; and 2) Authorize the Health and Human Services Agency Director to execute amendments that make changes to the scope and/or budget so long as proper approvals are obtained and it does not affect the not to exceed amount.
Motion to approve consent agenda items 6 – 9 – Passed – 5 – 0.
10. Informational Item – Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (ID # 6623) Receive a presentation from the Area 12 Agency on Aging updating the Board on the Aging & Disability Resource Connection program.
• Chris McCoy – Area 12 Aging & Disability Resource Connection and Program Manager – presented PowerPoint presentation. Please review for detailed information.
Public Comment • Unknown
Informational Item Only.
11. Informational Item – Clerk of the Board of Supervisors (ID # 6663) Receive a presentation from the Calaveras County Resource Conservation District updating the Board on projects.
• Gordon Long – Executive Director – presented PowerPoint presentation. Please review for detailed information.
• CCRCD was formed in 2016, voted in by the County – ballot measure, last rural county to get a CCRCD. We do work in resource conservation and have a 7-member board approved by the BOS with rotating 4-year terms. Completely grant driven.
• CCRCD Focus – fuels reduction, fire prevention, forest health, habitat enhancement.
Public Comment • None
Informational Item Only.
• Supervisor Callaway – unknown, no volume
• Supervisor Garamendi – meeting yesterday with Insurance Commissioner Lara – new laws with a system in place to get credit for wildlife work around your house, will have a format that is transparent, will be able to tell you your score and why. Should come out in the next six months, will keep the BOS posted. I have an RCRC meeting tomorrow and a Golden Connect meeting on Friday regarding what first project will be and will keep the BOS informed.
• Supervisor Tofanelli – nothing to report.