On September 14, we have an election. Every registered voter in the state will receive an absentee ballot. If you’re not registered, you can do so up to 15 days before the election (8/30/21). But why wait? Do it now.
To submit your ballot there are three options.
- Mail it with the USPS. It MUST be postmarked by 9/14 AND received by 9/17 (three days after the election day). Why wait? If you’ve filled in the ballot, go ahead and mail it now.
- Drop it off in a County Elections drop box.
- Drop it off at one of the polling places.
The County actually has a terrific site with specifics on how to submit your ballot, including a link that you can use to verify that it’s been received.
- After you have finished voting, complete the information on the back of the envelope. This includes your physical address (not a PO Box) and signature.
- Important! Sign the return envelope or your ballot cannot be counted.
Calaveras will have three polling places:
San Andreas – Government Center Elections Office
891 Mountain Ranch Road, Building D
San Andreas, CA 95249
Voting will be open on the following dates and times:
- Monday – Friday 8 am – 4 pm beginning 8/16/2021 – 9/3/21
- Saturdays & Sundays 8 am – 4 pm beginning 9/4/21 – 9/13/21
- Tuesday 9/14/2021 Election Day 7am-8pm
The County’s website states: All locations listed are still in the planning stages, please check back once voting opens to verify final voting sites. The link to the Calaveras County Elections info can be found here.
If you have mailed your ballot or placed it in a drop box, you can verify