All Politics are Local
Each of us has a responsibility to contribute to our community. Here are some fun and easy ways to participate in Calaveras County.
- Writing Letters to the Editor: these are always helpful, you can focus on issues that are important to you
- Voter Registration: This is an ongoing activity. Sometimes we do an organized push at a certain time or place. Sometimes it comes from randomly asking strangers if they’re registered. Let us know that you’re willing to help register people to vote. We’ll give you training (so that it’s done right) and help with supplies. Do your part to help make Calaveras County Blue!
- Postcard Writing: Not everyone is on Facebook. We need to make sure that all registered Democrats (and “no party preference” voters) are aware of how important it is to vote. We provide the postcards, addresses and ideas. You just write a short personal note and their address.
- Phone Banking: Like to chat with neighbors on the phone? Then this is for you. You can call from your home and connect with other voters in your area about the upcoming election. We provide lists and scripts to make it easy and fun!
- Canvassing: We’re not currently canvassing door-to-door due to Covid-19, but we will get back to this as soon as we’re able to do it safely.
- Work with Calaveras Democrats! We have several opportunities for you to get involved with the Committee and our activities:
- Communications (PR, Social Media, Email): We have a limited number of volunteers working with our communications. We could really use your help especially if you have experience with PR!
- Technology: If you have the skills, we need additional people to help with our database and other technology work. We’d provide you with appropriate training — and you’d help generate information for our volunteers to use.
- Appointed Boards & Commissions: Calaveras County has a large collection of Boards & Commissions mainly staffed by volunteers. We have a list of the current openings. We’re hoping you’ll find one you’d like to work with.
Simply fill out the information below and one of our volunteer coordinators will contact you.