Our Really Simple
Easy to chew...easy to swallow...easy to digest
Our Basic Data Collection Policy
Data We Collect
With your consent this website collects following personal data in order to serve you:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Name of your organization
- Postal address and phone number
- Form submission messages and requests from you
This information data is collected from our variety of submission forms and is not stored online or in the cloud (but may in the future at which time this clause will be changed.). It is removed from our computers from time to time, and you can ask us to remove any information we hold on you at any time.
We use your data for emails, newsletters, voting reminders, surveys, contests, and related information important to Calaveras residents.
Cookies We Place
The cookies used on this site are:
- Anonymized Google analytics to help us understand how the site is used. We don't do this now but may in the future. These cookies are dropped by Google. This is out of our control.
- Intuit MailChimp may place cookies, and this is out of our control.
- Calaveras Democrats place no cookies on your computer (this could change, and we will report it here).
- Consult your browser's user information to learn how to block and clear your browsing history, including deleting cookies.
Further Details and Opt Outs
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening Users' IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Google collects: cookies and usage data (not user data).
Place of processing: U.S.A.
Google Opt Out:
MailChimp (Intuit, Inc.)
We send email newsletters via Intuit MailChimp to those who have subscribed. Each newsletter sent contains an easy opt-out link.
Personal Data they collect: Email address, name, address, etc., and usage data.
Newsletter Opt-Out: email@example.com. Place "Opt-Out" on the subject line, and the email address to remove from our list in the email body.
This Website is intended for use by a general audience of voters aged 18 years or older and does not offer services to children. Should a child who we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond to that child to inform him or her that they cannot use this Website.
We do no business with anyone in the Europe Union, and therefore are not subject to GDPR. If you are from the EU, please do not ask us for anything....we will turn you down. Period.